Sunday, December 23, 2007

Watching the Game


As you well know, I am a long-distance Grizz. Usually I follow the games just reading the stats. However, stats are not enough to accurately reflect a player's contribution to the game. For example, after watching Wednesday's game against San Antonio, I discovered that Navarro plays as a Combo Guard. I know that Navarro is not enough big to be a NBA shooting guard, he is considered a short shooting guard. But, it was really surprising to me to see him handling and passing the ball like a point guard. I never saw him do that before. Maybe, he will evolve into a good combo guard in the league. I honestly think it's a very good idea.

By the way, I was very interested in watching this game, because Navarro's stats were not specially good (4-13 from the floor), but on the other hand, he played for 43 minutes. I needed to know why. The answer is because the player's contribution to the game is more complex than a handful of numbers.

No comments: